21 January, 2015
5 Health Benefits of the Paleo Diet
The Paleo Diet has been called the caveman (or cavewoman diet, in this case) diet with good reason: it’s based on the diet that our primal ancestors lived on back before wheat was harvested and there was a McDonald’s in every town. While there are definitely cons to the Paleo Diet , there are also some health benefits to eating like humans did 10,000 years ago. Below are some benefits!
5 Paleo Diet Health Benefits
- It’s unprocessed. Simply put, cavewoman didn’t have to worry about eating organic because everything was organic and natural without preservatives and artificial ingredients. Following the Paleo Diet helps you to eat a clean diet.
- It reduces bloat. Want flatter abs? Reduce bloat by getting more fiber, drinking water and avoiding salt. All principles of the Paleo Diet!
- It’s high in fruits and vegetables. Besides protein, the majority of the Paleo Diet eating plan is made up of a diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Getting five a day in is no problem!
- It’s high in healthy fats. The Paleo Diet is high in omega-3 rich fish and nuts. These protein sources are full of healthy fats !
- It’s filling. This nutrient-rich diet plan is also quite filling. Between the proteins, the healthy fats and the fruits and veggies, it’s hard to go hungry.