27 December, 2012
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are really great tasting – you’ll never know that they are paleo at all – although they aren’t strictly paleo they are pretty damn good. Just don’t eat too much of them! We use Sharfenberger 70% chocolate chunks – we really are supposed to use 72% and up chocolate chips but if you can’t find those this is still pretty good. If you can’t find those, we use Ghiradelli 60% chips, which are pretty readily available around here. If you want to be more strictly Paleo, reduce the maple syrup and amount of chips. Unfortunately, other than fruit, paleolithic man didn’t really have a lot of options…
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup Sharfenberger 70% chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup unrefined organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 whole eggs, preferably pastured
- 3 cup blanched almond flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl beat eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer or just by hand
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with hand mixer (or by hand) until combined.
- Melt coconut oil, pour into batter, and continue to blend until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, drop balls of cookie dough, about a tablespoon in size.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
- Try not to eat too many at once – these are damn good!